Brief Profile of Agricultural Engineering Study Program (AESP)
Agricultural Engineering is a broad engineering approach in agriculture which is needed to transform natural resources efficiently and effecitvely for human needs.
AESP Brief History
Agricultural Engineering Study Program (AESP) is one of the undergraduate programs of Universitas Hasanuddin (Unhas) established in 1980 following the Decree of the Ministry of Education and Culture No. 0563/0/1980. Initially it was called as Agricultural Mechanization Study Program under the Department of Agricultural Technology, Faculty of Agriculture. Since 1991, however, the name of this study program has changed to become Agricultural Engineering Study Program. This name was reaffirmed again by the Decree of the Directorate General of Higher Education no. 1789/DT/2009. AESP was accredited by the National Accreditation Board (BAN PT) with grade C in 1997-2002, grade B during the period of 2002-2012, and grade A since 2017. Up to this time, there have been more than 1200 alumni produced by this study program.
Field of Expertise
Postharvest Technology and Food Processing, Soil and Water Engineering, Agricultural Machinery, and Instrumentation and Control.
AESP graduates are expected to have the following profiles :
- Engineer (Planner and designer) in the fields of agricultural production, soil and water engineering, agricultural machinery, postharvest handling, and food processing.
- Entrepreneur in the fields related to agricultural production, soil and water engineering, agricultural machinery, postharvest handling, and food processing.
- Research assistant in the fields related to agricultural production, soil and water engineering, agricultural machinery, postharvest handling, and food processing.
Future Career of AESP Graduates
- Engineers (planner and designer) in related companies such as agricultural production, agricultural processing, agricultural machinery, post-harvest industry, sugar manufacturing, etc.
- Researchers /research assistant in the public or private sectors.
- Entrepreneur in agricultural related business.
- Pursue a Master’s degree or Doctorate Degree at leading domestic and international universities.